httpd-users mailing list archives

From gjmwa...@netscape.net (George Walsh)
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts; document root as seen from alocaluser account and from the internet
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 18:43:39 GMT
I really appreciate the trouble you are taking, Lee, really!

No, the default (main) server is 192.168.1.10.

The browser is either Galeon (I'm clearly a Gnome Man!) or Mozilla. Both respond the same
way. On the external machine, Netscape7 is used.

Invoking telnet to 192.168.1.11:80 responds immediately, identifying www.cruiseroutes.com

After entering the GET and HOST commands, the correctindex page for the cruiseroutes site
appears.

Regards,

"George"

>On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 13:13, George Walsh wrote:
>
>> For the record, nslookup -sil www.cruiseroutes.com reports:
>>
>> Server:   192.168.1.10
>> Address:  192.168.1.10#53
>>
>> Name:     www.cruiseroutes.com
>> Address:  192.168.1.11
>>
>> All of that is correct, yet if you try www.cruiseroutes.com you will be taken
>> to the ADVX index page which only exists in the main (default) server's
>> directory at /var/www/html. It does get the name right on that page, as i
>>  mentioned, but it has 'no business' being in that directory.
>>
>> Obviously there is a different path being followed between inside and outside
>>  calls but I don't know how to follow that along in a logical way.
>>
>  Is 192.168.1.11 also the IP of the 'default' server?
>
>  I am going to guess it is.  What are you using for a web browser?
>  What happens if you telnet to 192.168.1.11 port 80 and issue this:
>  'GET / HTTP/1.1\n
>   HOST: www.cruiseroutes.com\n\n'.
>

>--
>Lee Fellows <lfellows@4lane.com>