httpd-users mailing list archives

From batrist...@mediageneral.com
Subject [users@httpd] PLEASE HELP - Compile Error
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2003 20:45:45 GMT
Greetings,
I am having problems compiling apache b/c it says it can't find the Berkeley
Libraries - but they are installed....

I do have the Berkeley libraries installed on the machine and I've included it
in my path but I'm still getting this error message

# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-module=all --enable-shared=max
--enable-rule=EAPI --with-layout=Apache
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.27
 + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for Solaris 290 platform
 + setting C compiler to gcc
 + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
    o rewrite_module uses ConfigStart/End
      enabling DBM support for mod_rewrite
    o dbm_auth_module uses ConfigStart/End
    o db_auth_module uses ConfigStart/End
Error: None of Berkeley-DB 1.x, 2.x or 3.x libraries found.
       Either disable mod_auth_db or provide us with the paths
       to the Berkeley-DB include and library files.
       (Hint: INCLUDES, LDFLAGS, LIBS)
#
Any advice?

Bobbie Atristain