httpd-users mailing list archives

From gjmwa...@netscape.net (George Walsh)
Subject [users@httpd] Relating URL name to Document Root
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2003 00:30:28 GMT

In the past I have been able to accomplish this without difficulty. Now, in the ADVX version
of Apache 2.0.44, I have encountered a brick wall.

I have 2 urls pointing to the same IP on the external net.

I have 2 ip aliases assigned for these on the localhost.

Each has a Virtual Host entry (by number), along with servername, documentroot etc.

On the localhost everything works perfectly.

Dig and nslookup -sil return the expected data, and sendmail works fine as well.

The problem is with requests from the external net. No matter which of the 2 urls is referenced,
the page returned is the default page from the default (main) server.

It seems to me that Apache needs to lookup the url in dns and then read the VirtualHost Container.
Obviously, it isn't doing that.

Where and how can I find the block????

George Walsh,
Managing Director,