httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rog...@queernet.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mod_vhost_alias, directories, 403
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 19:03:46 GMT
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Roger B.A. Klorese wrote:
>
> > 1.3.27 on Red Hat 7.2.
> >
> > I'm using mod_vhost_alias for the first time and am sure
> i've omitted
> > something, as I am coming up with 403's.
>
> Lots of forbidden questions lately.  And it is impossible to
> answer them until you have read and understood the following:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#for> bidden

Then it should be possible to answer them, since I'd done that before I
asked.

OS-level permissions are fine, as the full directory path is
world-readable.

All directives that I *think* could be playing a role were included in
the original message.

The notion in the documentation that the log will illustrate the answer
is pretty barren:

www.acirclesquare.org 209.237.225.74 - - [30/Apr/2003:11:43:23 -0700]
"GET / HTTP/1.1" 403 288