httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tamir Halperin" <ta...@brobus.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Wanting to install 2.045 but concerned about previous broken installation
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 18:21:05 GMT
I'm runnig FreeBSD 4.8 and I had a previous 2.x installation that my previous admin broke.
He couldn't figure out how to upgrade or uninstall it so he just started to delete stuff.
It was a nightmare upgrading from FreeBSD 4.6 to 4.8, as a result.

I'd like to start by removing all references to any previously installed Apache on my box
so that I can install, afresh, version 2.045 which I just received in my recent cvsup. Can
anyone point me to documentation that describes how to manually remove Apache from a FreeBSD
system?

Thanks in advance,

Tamir