httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eddy.COLL...@cec.eu.int
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Alias Problem
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:28:56 GMT
Besides... As Joshua pointed out, from the conf that you posted in your
first mail :
#
# DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will serve your
# documents. By default, all requests are taken from this directory, but
# symbolic links and aliases may be used to point to other locations.
#
DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs"

So, without the CFDOCS and CFIDE aliases, Apache would still try to access
the same location when "http://webserver/CFDOCS" is requested.

Try to comment them out the aliases, it might be enough to solve the
problem...

ECB

-----Original Message-----
From: Luis Moreira [mailto:lamoreira@bes.pt]
Sent: jeudi 24 avril 2003 10:23
To: tacofleur@nella.net.au
Cc: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Alias Problem

As Joshua tried to say, it all depends on the nature of the error. The alias
points to a directory, not to a file. It can "not work" due to "file not
found", to a "path not found", to "unable to write", "unable to read", and
so on, so forth. If you need help, you have to be more specific about the
error that's bugging you.