httpd-users mailing list archives

From ASC - Ronald Roeleveld <r.roelev...@ascinternational.nl>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache cannot start anymore
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 09:35:43 GMT

	> > ErrorLog directive is also set to: /var/log/apache/error.log

	> Where is the file in which you found this ?
	I found this in /etc/apache/httpd.conf

	> > There is a file, but the file is completely empty, this was done
by me
	> > yesterday because there where about 70.000 lines of garbage
after the
	> > attack.

	> So you propably deleted the file with out restarting apache.

	Well I deleted the file, and after that I restarted the pc.
	> Try (as SU)

	> 	apachectl restart.
	Okay, if I do this I get this:
	apachectl restart
	/usr/sbin/apachectl restart: httpd not running, trying to start
	/usr/sbin/apachectl restart: httpd started

	Than I do a:
	apachectl status, and I get:
	apachectl status

	Looking up localhost
	localhost
	Making HTTP connection to localhost
	Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.

	lynx: Can't access startfile http://localhost/server-status

	> > I've tried searching for the httpd (locate httpd) but I cannot
find this
	> > one. I also have no idea where to look for the apache/bin
directory. :(

	> If you are willing to wait long.. try a big find :-)

	> 	find /usr/local -name httpd
	> 	find / -name httpd
	I am willing to do anything to get this server in the air again..!!
This is a production server, so I needs to be up..lol
	I've done both of your suggestions to find the file, but it doesn't
give me any results..
	The first command ends within 2 seconds, the other one takes about 2
minutes..:(

	Ronald.

** Disclaimer please read **

The information contained in this E-mail and its attachments is confidential
and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to
receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
of the contents of this E-mail and any attachments is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. ASC International is neither liable for the proper nor
complete transmission of the information contained in this E-mail and any
attachments nor for any delay in its receipt. If received in error, please
contact ASC International quoting the name of the sender and the addressee
and then delete it from your system. Please note that ASC International does
not accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to
scan the E-mail and attachments (if any). We reserve the right to monitor
and record e-mail messages sent to and from this address for the purposes of
investigating or detecting any unauthorized use of its system and ensuring
its effective operation.