httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Headers
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:04:53 GMT

Not really... I think you're underestimating the complexity of the task.
Think about what happens when a request comes in - apache looks for the
file, reads it into memory then pipes its contents to the socket
connected to the client. To break into this process and inject data you
need to hack into the apache source or wrap the request in a
server-sided application.

I don't like to be harsh, but if you can't see how hard this is, you
don't understand what needs to be done.

>That is just the second chance, to use a frames. All page
>requests (excluded images, audio, etc.) go to a PHP script
>except the ones starting with my domain. And set the page
>frame to get it through reverse proxy with authentication.
>By the way, how do i set all domains, execpt mine, to be
>served through reverse proxy?

To get what through the reverse proxy? Your server will only receive
requests for resources in your domain... Are you planning to masquerade
other sites behind your own and inject banners into them?

>I only have approx. 3 weeks to finish this thing! So i'm
>desperatly looking for a soluton...

Start by reading the mod_rewrite manual in the docs. It will probably be
needed for what you intend to do at some stage. Apart from that,
generally read up on apache (the O'Reilly book is a good start) and
HTTP. Frankly, the whole thing sounds like a fool's errand, but best of
luck anyway.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>Regards,
>Rafael
>

>> Rgds,
>> Owen Boyle
>> Disclaimer: Any disclaimer attached to this message may
>> be ignored.
>>

>> >Thanks anyway! Any help or sugestions apreciated.

views of the sender's company.