httpd-users mailing list archives

From Iiro Niinikoski <secur...@myry.net>
Subject [users@httpd] htpasswd w/ Apache 2.0.44/45
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 03:21:18 GMT

Hi,

here comes again another problem with htaccess... I've fought against this
about 20 hours now by searching similar problems with solutions, but no
use.

The problem is that htpasswd- authentication doensn't work at all. I even
don't get a prompting box for uname and pass...

In my httpd.conf there is AllowOverride AuthConfig for every <Directory>
defined.

Apache2 isn't ignoring the .htaccess file, because if I garbage it, A2
shouts for 500.

My .htaccess looks like this:

AuthName "insider"
AuthType "Basic"
AuthUserFile "/azkaban/www/sec/insider"
Require valid-user

and it's permissions are:

-rw-r-----    1 www-data www-data       95 Apr  2 05:08 .htaccess

The sec- folder is available for A2, and the permissions for the
htpasswd:d file are:

-rw-r-----    1 www-data www-data       61 Apr  2 01:59 insider

I've tried to watch the log files too, but there comes absolutely nothing
(not even when I've turned on the debug- logging).

I'm astonished about this.

	Iiro Niinikoski

	Vantaa, Finland