httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] complex question
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 02:00:14 GMT
On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Jimmy McDonald wrote:

> How would I go about implementing a script
> that the apache server executes on everything
> it passes to the browser so that it scans
> for certain patterns and rewrites them before
> the browser gets them?
>
> I am thinking something with a
>
> RewriteMap foo prg:foo.pl
>
> I'm not sure how to write the Rule though.

While, as mentioned, mod_ext_filter is the way to do this on Apache 2.0,
if you are using Apache 1.3, you probably want the Action directive,
which will run a cgi program for you whenever a document of a particular
type is requested. Your cgi can then process the file before it is sent
to the browser. This is very inefficient, but may accomplish what you
are trying to do. Perhaps see also Script.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_actions.html#action
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_actions.html#script

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
... and another brother out of his mind, and another brother out at New