httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Upgrading Apache 2.0 and httpd.conf file
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2003 04:01:30 GMT

On Sat, 5 Apr 2003, B.J. Ash wrote:

> Hey list,
> 	When upgrading from Apache httpd 2.0.x to 2.0.x, are there any big
> changes that should be made in the httpd.conf file or can I just keep
> my old one?
>
> I'd like to know because I'm getting tired of re-editing my httpd.conf
> file every time a new release of Apache comes around.

As of Apache 2.0.44, the Apache developers have stated that the module
API, compile-time configuration, and run-time configuration will be kept
constant to the greates possible extent.  So upgrading should be very
easy.  There were a few run-time configuration changes in versions before
2.0.44.

> So, does the httpd.conf file stay the same basically for every release
> and, if it doesn't, where can I find the changes that Apache made to it
> in-between versions?

The file CHANGES in the distribution.

Joshua.