httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Raymond Chan" <con...@icondor.mine.nu>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] I get a strange problem with my apache.....
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 07:46:14 GMT
THX,,,

Yes,the others can telnet to my server from the internet.....
I think there is nothing wrong with my internet configuration....cuz
telnet work
I am using Linux RH9.0 and a gigabyte router!

Others can access to my FTP server by port mode...

THX
Raymond

-----Original Message-----
From: WC -Sx- Jones [mailto:lists@insecurity.org]
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 3:03 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] I get a strange problem with my apache.....

On Monday, May 19, 2003, at 02:40  AM, Raymond Chan wrote:

> Please help me.....
>
> It's urgent.....

> Subject: [users@httpd] I get a strange problem with my apache.....
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have a apache server.Recently,the others people cant get in my httpd
> server.I ahve do the port forwarding but still cant.
> I am using port 80 and I am sure that the ISP haven't blocked it....
> FTP don't work too........
>
> My sendmial and telnet are work so I bet tht it is not concern with my
> router....
>
> What is the problem??

Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

Unfortunately there is not enough information to even begin to help.

What is your network configuration?  What server are you using?  What
router are you using?

There are likely a 1,000 things that could be wrong and only about 5
are related to Apache itself; likely 95 could be systems issues and 900
are likely human error.  So, a rule of thumb would be, check your
systems configuration 90 times before saying that Apache broke by
itself; software will not break without human intervention.

BTW - If telnet is working - can people telnet to your system from the
PUBLIC Internet?

???/Bill ?

http://insecurity.org/
  ('>    iudicium ferat