httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jose Guevarra" <j...@iquest.ucsb.edu>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Win2k server: apache service "run as user" can see main site
Date Sun, 04 May 2003 06:05:58 GMT
Ok you were right. I was looking at the immediate directories' permissions I
had to go a level higher and modify the permissions. Strange; it worked fine
before I upgraded to Apache 1.3.27 from 1.3.26?

thanx a lot,

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Cohen [mailto:support@gej-it.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2003 10:03 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Win2k server: apache service "run as user" can
see main site

Pretty sure that your guest account does not have permissions to that
folder, make sure the assign at least read permissions, if it's just for
serving pages, or write if needed, check configuration and service level to
apply the right permissions on the folder.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen
Jeff@GEJ-IT.com
Tel. (416) 917-2324
www.GEJ-IT.com
GEJ-IT Networks!

main
> site
>
> Hi,
>
>  I installed apache 1.3.27 on a windows 2000 server as a service.  I
> configured the service to run as a "domain guest" account.  There are
> 3 name-based virtual hosts configured one for the main site, another
> for an old site, and another for a database front end.  When I run it
> as the LocalSystem account everything works fine.  When I run apache
> as the
domain
> guest, the main site cannot be found. I look at the error logs and it
> says
>
> [Sat May 03 18:21:58 2003] [error] [client 132.134.11.1] File does not
> exist: d:/inetpub/old_iquest/
>
> "D:/inetpub/old_iquest/"  this is the right document root.
>
> If I to to the database site I get the same error
>
> [Sat May 03 18:25:44 2003] [error] [client 132.134.11.1] File does not
> exist: d:/inetpub/eqmi/
>
> but if I go to the old site, it comes up fine.
>
> I figure it is some sort of permissions problem but, I've checked the
> permissions and they allow the domain guest read access and deny
> write.
The
> webserver is also a domain controller (Active directory) and doesn't
> allow the user to login locally but, that doesn't seem to be the
> problem
otherwise