httpd-users mailing list archives

From dav.hamil...@comcast.net
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Unable to start Apache 2.0.45 without internet connection
Date Sat, 17 May 2003 01:55:57 GMT
When I try 10.10.1.6:80, I get the same message:
[Fri May 16 20:49:25 2003] [crit] (OS 10038)Socket operation on non-socket:
make_sock: for address 10.10.1.6:80, apr_socket_opt_set: (SO_KEEPALIVE)
Unable to open logs

There is no firewall or virus software running, I have been shutting off
every other process while trying to debug this problem.  Pretty much the
only things running are the couple of Microsoft processes that have to be
running.

I started with a brand new Apache 2.0 httpd.conf file, fresh from the
extractor.  I backed up the original version and started modifying in the
Apache2\conf directory.  It is definitely picking up my changes, because the
error changes slightly whenever I change the value of Listen, but the basic
concept of the error never changes.  It is always saying that no listening
sockets are available, and that it is shutting down.

Thanks for your reply,
David Hamilton

> What happens when you tell Apache2 to Listen on 10.10.1.6:80
> All your internal IP routing is there.  It looks like you are looking
> for something locking up port 80 on your machine.  If you are using
> an internal firewall or virus software, make sure that they are dissabled.
>
> Just a heads up; Apache 1.3 and 2.0 httpd.conf files are not compatible.
> It's better to start from scratch setting up your new config file.  Also,
> don't know if this is true for a Win98 installation, but at least on a
Unix