httpd-users mailing list archives

From dav.hamil...@comcast.net
Subject [users@httpd] Unable to start Apache 2.0.45 without internet connection
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 11:31:12 GMT
With Apache 1.3.27 for Windows 98, I have been able to use Apache without an
internet connection, using just localhost.
With Apache 2.0.45 for Windows 98, if I try to use Apache without an
internet connection, I receive the following message and Apache fails to
start:

Unable to open logs

This is with the settings:
#Listen 80 - Listen disabled
ServerName localhost

If I try ServerName localhost:80 it gives the same result, and if I try
Listen 80, or Listen localhost:80, or Listen 127.0.0.1:80, I receive the
following error and Apache fails to start:

[Fri May 16 06:21:48 2003] [crit] (OS 10038)Socket operation on non-socket:
make_sock: for address 127.0.0.1:80, apr_socket_opt_set: (SO_KEEPALIVE) no
listening sockets available, shutting down
Unable to open logs

With Apache 2.0, can you use it without an internet connection?
I've searched the web, the manual, all of the suggested bugtraq searches,
but I'm still not able to figure out what I'm doing wrong
and can't find anyone else who has mentioned this problem.

If anyone can help me or point me in the right direction, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Sincerely,
David Hamilton