httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Reaz Baksh" <baksh5...@rogers.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.27 problem.
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 02:17:35 GMT
Thanks for the help.
I have mod_rewrite installed, doing httpd -l it shows, but nowhere in
the httpd.conf file can I find a ReWrite rule.  The error logs have no
mention of this since, I assume, a page was served.  The access logs
show:

560 192.168.0.2 - - [27/May/2003:22:14:40 -0400] "GET
/vtr/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw
/dvw/dvw/dvw
/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/zr2-1.htm HTTP/1.1" 200 15779

I assume this indicates that the page zr201.htm was loaded but instead
dvw.htm was loaded.

Reaz

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Cohen [mailto:support@gej-it.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 8:46 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.27 problem.

Seems like you have a ReWrite error in this Directory container that
loops
you over and over.
Check your httpd.conf file where this Directory container is located and
verify that the ReWrite rule is correct, if it is correct or you have no
ReWrite rules in this directory, check/post the errors in your error log
file.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen
Support@GEJ-IT.com
Tel. (416) 917-2324
www.GEJ-IT.com
GEJ-IT Networks!

Hello
I have a problem that I think may be an Apache problem.
I am running Apache 1.3.27 on Debian Woody and I have a problem where if

I were to navigate to the following file
http://www.broadcasttech.net/vtr/dvw/zr2-1.htm I would get the correct
page.
If I navigate to this document
http://www.broadcasttech.net/vtr/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw
/dvw
/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/zr2-1.htm
I would get the first document in that directory which is at
http://www.broadcasttech.net/vtr/dvw/dvw.htm and of course
the images would not show because  the path to them would be off.  It
seems
that the page http://www.broadcasttech.net/vtr/dvw/dvw.htm
is acting as the 404 page in that directory.
Now I don’t have a
/vtr/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/dvw/ directory.

This happens only with this directory.
Anyone seen this before?

Reaz