httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Andy Melton" <amel...@gservices-us.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Switching b/t 1.3.27 and 2.0
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 23:43:08 GMT
I have a newly installed RH8.0 system, which I took pains not to install
apache 2.0 onto, as it doesn't work with my mod_perl installation.
However, I noticed that in the GUI-->Server Services section, 'httpd'
was not started and not scheduled to run on startup.  Well, I happily
started it and told it to start on boot, rebooted and...voila, none of
my 1.3.27 config worked.

I realized that somehow, I had invoked 2.0, and now I can't figure out
how to get my old stuff back.  I've stopped apache2.0 (again, from the
GUI) and restarted, I think, 1.3.27 through
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start.  Well, whenever I try and
connect, my connection is refused and I can't find any log files telling
me why.

How can I force the 2.0 server not to work and get my 1.3.27 stuff
working again?  Shouldn't starting via apachectl start 1.3?  Is there
something else I should check?

Thanks.