httpd-users mailing list archives

From Muhammad Nur Ikhwan Syah <e1alu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] PHP installation problem
Date Fri, 16 May 2003 00:45:57 GMT

--- LiliZZhang@aol.com wrote:
> I have installed the PHP from source as the
> followings but can not test if it
> is correct:
>
>    In Linux, after installing apache web server from
> source
> apache_1.3.27.tar.gz, I
> > have installed PHP from source:
> >
> > #cd /usr/src
> > #gzip -d php-4.2.3.tar.gz
> > #tar xvf php-4.2.3.tar
> > #cd php-4.2.3
> >
> > #./configure --with-mysql=/usr \
> >                    --with-xml
> --with-apache=../apache_1.3.27 \
> >                    --with-curl=../curl \
> >                    --enable-shared-pdflib
> >
> > #make
> > #make install
> >
> > #cp php.ini-recommented /usr/local/lib/php.ini

> > then I added the following lines into
> /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> > #And for php 4.x use:
> > #
> > AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
> > AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phpd
> >

> > then I created a new file of test.php in
> /usr/local/apache/htdocs/ with one
> > line:
> >
> > <?php phpinfo(); ?>
> >
> > to test, that is, in Mozilla browser I typed:
> >
> > http://localhost/test.php
> >
> > but there was no default test page with phpinfo()
> displayed; instead, only
> > "<?php phpinfo(); ?>" displayed., indicating that
> PHP has  not worked
> > right.
> >
> > So what is the problem with the situation?
> >

> >    Thanks
> >

> >    Lili Zhang

i'm currently using PHP and Apache running under
Windows platform, PHP configuration in Apache is just
like this (i don't know how to write it down on Linux)

ScriptAlias /php4/ "C:/Php4/"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
Action application/x-httpd-php "/php4win32/php.exe"

save the configuration, Stop and Start Apache again,
then try the test.php. "C:/Php4" is my php.exe
directory. php.exe is the interpreter for PHP Scripts.
About your configuration there is no php.exe, just add
it to the line where your php.exe is located. I don't
know in Linux.

there are more things to do in Windows configuration,
such as editing php.ini and placement for the
php4ts.dll when we are using CGI, try to check out
again about PHP installation for Linux, maybe there
are more things to do. go to www.php.net