httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Orriss Jr <d...@davenet.net>
Subject [users@httpd] SSL Proxy from Apache server to another http server
Date Tue, 27 May 2003 21:43:08 GMT

Here's the configuration I have to work with:

----------------   http  --------------   https  --------------------
|  HTTP client |  ---->  | Apache     |  ------> | some HTTP server |
----------------         --------------          --------------------

Now, I have to have a *client* certificate on the Apache server and I have
to use mod_proxy to set up the ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse messages.

My problem is that, while I've used copy of the server certificate from
the "some HTTP server" and it's key file along with the
SSLProxyMachineCertificateFile directive, I don't know what the approach
would be in order to make sure that a *client* certificate is used for the
same Proxy connection.  Would it be the same directive?

Any insights would be most appreciated...

TIA

--

David Orriss Jr
ICQ/AIM/MSN Id's available upon request