httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Warhurst, SI (Spencer) " <S.I.Warhu...@rl.ac.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Custom directory listings
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 12:59:01 GMT
Hi

I have a user files area on my web server (win2k):

   d:\www\files\

under that folder are hundreds of sub-folders:

   d:\www\files\user1\
   d:\www\files\user2\
   d:\www\files\user3\
   etc

In d:\www\files\ I have placed header.html and footer.html which contain the
custom HTML to display when a user goes to their file area. In the
httpd.conf file, I have the following:

   <Directory "d:/www/files">
       Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
       AllowOverride All
       HeaderName "../header.html"
       ReadmeName "../footer.html"
       IndexOptions DescriptionWidth=75
   </Directory>

Now that all works fine, because when user1 goes to their files area at
d:\www\files\user1\, Apache drops one directory to find the header.html &
footer.html files.

However, it's this relative nature that messes me up when I come to what I
want to do next. That is, say user1 wants subdirectories in his file area,
like:

   d:\www\files\user1\images\
   d:\www\files\user1\docs\
   etc

They will get the nice header & footer when they are in \user1\, but not
when they are in \users1\docs\.

How can I make the configuration all-encompassing, so that *any* directory
under d:\www\files\, regardless of how many levels down it is, will display
header.html & footer.html?

Thanks

Spencer