httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joseph A Nagy Jr <joseph_a_nagy...@charter.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Multiple ScriptAlias'
Date Sat, 03 May 2003 22:30:08 GMT
Mac Serve wrote:
> Can't you put your CGI files for your vhost in the main CGI-bin? Thats
> what I do. Then the URL is as follows:
> http://myvhost.com/cgi-bin/cgi.script. Am I misinterpreting you? :-)

Here is my directory structure

/www is main server root
/www/rpgcn serves up http://rpgcn.homelinux.org
/www/dream-worlds/ serves up as http://dream-worlds.rpgcn.homelinux.org

/www/rpgcn/cgi-bin/ contains all the cgi files I want served up across
dream-worlds.rpgcn.homelinux.org, illusions-gate.rpgcn.homelinux.org,
megaveresal-dispatch.rpgcn.homelinux.org, and
mystics-corner.rpgcn.homelinux.org EXCEPT for the stat tracker I'm
using. That is one of the two cgi scripts I'm serving. The other is a
random excuse server based on the bofh script.

My scriptalias' were so I wouldn't have to have all the files for the
forums, web shop, and guestbook in 5 different locations (taking up 5
times the disk space).