httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andy Cutright <acutri...@borland.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Getting apache to respond to just an IP - instead of having to add :81 on the end!
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 23:50:53 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
yeah, this is the correct answer. why are you running on port 81? <br>
Benjamin Krueger wrote:<br>
 cite="mid20030522233742.GO233@surreal.seattlefenix.net">
  <pre wrap="">* -SupaShaD- (<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:cracked013@rocketmail.com">cracked013@rocketmail.com</a>)
[030522 15:56]:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Well, the subject pretty much says it all - I have
apache bound to port 81, however users can't just type
in my ip address - is there any way I can tell apache
to just automatically do that?  I want to be able to
have it just point to the ip, and not have everyone
have to type :81 at the end.

Thanks for the support - replies can be sent to
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:cracked013@rocketmail.com">cracked013@rocketmail.com</a>
for direct approach!
  -Supa
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Apache has nothing to do with this. If it is running on 81,
the user needs to type in :81. How is the browser supposed
to know to send requests to port 81 otherwise?

The browser default is port 80 because port 80 is the
defined standard. Apache can't force a browser to change
a defined standard and use another port by default.

  </pre>