httpd-users mailing list archives

From Razvan Costea-Barlutiu <cbraz...@laitek.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] New User
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 15:37:23 GMT
At 10:20 08.05.2003 -0500, you wrote:
>The document root is set to: DocumentRoot "c:/Program Files/Apache
>Group/Apache2/htdocs"

That's the absolute path of the Apache root. Apache basically will extract
the path from your URL (what follows the <ServerName> directive), apply the
aliases & stuff - rewriting if necessary - and will map the url to the path:
<DocumentRoot>/path/extracted/by/Apache.

>Listen 80
>
>The problem is when I want to test a web page or web site located in
>c:\WebSites\Armadollowweb\index.html  I either get no command instructions
>in the MSDOS black box, or if I open IE IE opens the web page index as if
>it is looking at c:\WebSites\Armadollowweb\index.html from the address line.

I am not an expert web-admin, only a novice so please allow me an amount of
error on this. I think you should set your DocumentRoot to point to
C:\WebSites rather than the program-files path you're having.
Also, set the ServerName to its default: ServerName localhost.
Further, to access your site on the local host, by:
localhost\Armadollowweb\index.html will hopefully do the trick, as far as I
can tell.

Be sure to set the proper options for the directories, something like
(anybody can bash me if I'm wrong!):
<Directory />
     options all
     order deny,allow
     AllowOverride None
     allow from 127.0.0.1
</Directory>

If it is only for internal use, I don't think you'd need any extra options
to be set in per-directory configurations. Setting the root will do.

One more thing. The apache window won't display nothing in all its run.
that's mainly because the stdin/stdout is used by apache for piping to CGis
(and SSI?).

HTH,
--Razvan