httpd-users mailing list archives

From <...@ulysium.net>
Subject [users@httpd] no cgi error logging in apache2.0
Date Sat, 17 May 2003 16:44:06 GMT
Hello all,

I can't get any errors from cgi to log anywhere with apache 2.0.45
I even tried to define the ScriptLog path to the log as fully qualified from
the root without passing through symlinks.
The info page from the server-info shows the cgi logs being defined, and I
made sure those log files have write perm to the httpd user. I tried to turn
on write on the logs folder for the httpd user as well, just in case it was
a permission issue, but still nothing.
None of the cgi errors are logged anywhere, not in the main site or any
other virtual sites. Other logging is working, although sometimes suexec is
a bit skimpy on logging.
I put LogLevel to debug but that has no impact.
I just realized one thing though, I have both mod_cgi.c and mod_cgid.c, with
mod_cgi.c as a static module and mod_cgid.c is shared. Would that have any
effect on cgi logging?
The cgi scripts do run fine, under suexec, so it seems having both cgi
modules doesn't prevent them from running. Is there any issues I should be
aware of about this?
I will eventually re-compile apache without the mod_cgi.c since I use the
threaded mpm worker and I'll try having mod_cgid.c as static instead of
shared to replace mod_cgi.c.
What else can I try to make this logging work? does it have any chance to
work with both cgi modules there?

--
Didier Godefroy
mailto:dg@ulysium.net