httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nigel Peck - MIS Web Design" <ni...@miswebdesign.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] logging...
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 11:49:36 GMT
I would say no because that user does not have a *real* ip address in many
cases. They will have an ip on their internal network but that ip is not
valid on the Internet. In other cases the answer is still no because the
proxy server is the host making the request, whether it passes that page on
to someone else is, in effect, none of your business!

A pain but a pain you can't do anything about I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Nigel

MIS Web Design
http://www.miswebdesign.com/