httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] HTTP to HTTPS using mod_rewrite
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 15:09:49 GMT

It is not too clear what you are trying to do. HTTP requests, by
default, are sent to port 80. So your RewriteCond would not be satisfied
in any case.

I am assuming you want to trap plain HTTP requests for your site and
redirect them to your HTTPS service. To do so, you need two virtual
hosts, one on HTTP and one on HTTPS. The HTTP VH just redirects all
requests to HTTPS. So:

Listen 80
<VirtualHost *:80>
  Redirect / https://server-name/
</VirtualHost>

Listen 443
<VirtualHost *:443>
  ServerName server-name
  SSLCert..stuff..
  DocumentRoot /path/to/ssl/docs
  etc...
</VirtualHost>

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

l'activité boursière de la SWX Swiss Exchange

views of the sender's company.