httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] get username from apache login onto HTML form
Date Mon, 19 May 2003 07:39:53 GMT
Plain text please...

You can access this through the CGI variable REMOTE_USER. If you are
using perl, the handy %ENV hash gives you this: $ENV{REMOTE_USER}.
Similar constructions exist for ASP, PHP etc.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

-----Original Message-----
From: Mai Toc [mailto:tocmai2002@yahoo.com]
Sent: Freitag, 16. Mai 2003 19:09
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] get username from apache login onto HTML form

After user login into Apache webserver, (i'm using .htaccess and
htpasswd), can I somehow display the login name on the next html page?

I need the login name for my form, since i have multiple users on it.

thanks.

Do you Yahoo!?
l'activité boursière de la SWX Swiss Exchange

views of the sender's company.