httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Leon Oosterwijk" <le...@daveramsey.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Erradic Behaviour with Apache 2.0.45 on Win2k w/ SSL & Virtual Hosts
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 16:24:36 GMT
I've encountered a strange problem with Apache with virtuals hosts on
windows.

We recently put a second website on our web server. I switched from ip-based
to virtual hosting in order to accomplish this.

All that said it seems to work, mostly. this is the problem. If a user goes
to "www.site1.com" this site comes up nicely. if that same user then went to
"www.site2.com" it pulls up the information for site1 ! If i close my
browser and then go to site2 it comes up like it should. the problem occurs
when someone tries to visit first site1 and then site2 in the same browser
window. I ran some checks and it is defintately not caching or some browser
mixup. apache just serves the wrong index.html!

Because we are also running SSL I had to make some changes to the config to
make it just accept SSL on a certain ip and not the _default_ it used to be.
The problem persists even if I turn OFF the SSL.

For clarification, here is parts of my config:

DocumentRoot "d:/Inetpub/wwwroot"
<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>
<Directory "d:/Inetpub/wwwroot">
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@daveramsey.com
    DocumentRoot "d:/Inetpub/wwwroot"
    ServerName daveramsey.com
    ServerAlias *.daveramsey.com
	Include conf/redirect.conf
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@totalmoneymakeover.com
    DocumentRoot "d:/Inetpub/wwwroot/totalmoneymakeover"
    ServerName totalmoneymakeover.com
    ServerAlias *.totalmoneymakeover.com
    ErrorLog logs/totalmoneymakeover.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/totalmoneymakeover.com-access_log common
	Include conf/redirect.conf
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.9:443>
	DocumentRoot "d:/Inetpub/wwwroot"