httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joe Kmoch <km...@whs.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] problems with .htaccess
Date Sun, 04 May 2003 22:05:07 GMT
On Sun, 4 May 2003, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:

> Joe Kmoch wrote:
> > On Mon, 5 May 2003, BAO RuiXian wrote:
> >

> >>I don't see any problem with you. The basic authorization is supposed to
> >>ask a valid user/password pair. Why don't you just give your user name
> >>and password?:)
> >>

> > I wish I could - that authorization popup box is not appearing - when I
> > click on that link which goes to that directory, the page just appears.
> >
> > Joe
> <snip>
>
> May I ask why you are using .ht files if you have direct access to the
> server?

Because I am actually setting this up for use by another group within the
school system - it will actually be moved intact to another apache server
to which I (we) don't have direct access to.

Joe

--
Joe Kmoch                                     Washington High School
Director, Academy of Information Technology   2525 N. Sherman Blvd