httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_ext_filter again
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 18:40:19 GMT

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Jimmy McDonald wrote:

> HI,
>
> I have downloaded a copy of mod_ext_filter.c
> and am having problems compiling it.

As I mentioned earlier, it is usually easiest to compile basic apache
modules as part of compiling apache.  Follow the directions for compiling
apache, use --enable-ext_filter=shared, and then just grab the .so out of
the modules/filters/ directory if you don't want to "make install" the
whole thing.

> Was there ever a version of this for apache 1.3 that
> isn't compatible with 2.0.44?

mod_ext_filter is only available for 2.0 and greater.

> Does anyone know where I can download the source again?
> I can't find it now.

It is part of the apache source distribution:
http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi

Or you could grab it from cvs if you want:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/modules/filters/mod_ext_filter.c
but the CVS version is not guarenteed to do anything in particular
(like work properly).

> Is there a compiled .so build from apache 2 on Solaris 8
> anywhere?

http://nagoya.apache.org/mirror/httpd/binaries/solaris/
But the most recent version is 2.0.43.

Joshua.