httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ola Ogunneye" <OOgun...@adventisthealthcare.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Error Installing Apache... Real Newbieneedinghelp
Date Wed, 28 May 2003 11:57:07 GMT
I thought I searched everywhere for the port assignment. I will go back home tonight and do
exactly what you said. The ultimate goal is to have a web site that I intend to host by myself.
I thought it would be more fulfilling to host one. So in a manner of speaking, I do not know
if I will be needing IIS to run concurrently with Apache, I was advised by a friend to download
Apache and PHP and that with some help, I should be able to make a decent web site. Unfortunately,
my friend as gone on a three week vacation and I am eager to get the whole thing started.I
believe that I still have a million and one questions in the near future.

Thanks and any advice is welcome...

Ola

>>> support@gej-it.com 05/28/03 12:14AM >>>
To change a port that IIS is listening on, click Start - Programs -
Administrative Tools - Internet Information Services.
Expand the tree, right click on the Default web site, properties, click on
Advanced, and edit whatever settings to need (I would suggest going on port
8000 or 8080 which are not being in use by default by any other services).
That will at least allow to complete the apache installation.

Next, the questions will be:
1, Do you need the IIS running while apache will be running as well?
2. If so, would it make a difference for your application/program on which
port to run it?

All the best,
Jeff Cohen
Support@GEJ-IT.com