httpd-users mailing list archives

From "António Rafael Paiva" <a20...@alunos.det.ua.pt>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Proxy authentication
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 17:50:22 GMT
Hi.

> > Hi all.
> >
> > Sorry Owen, it seens that my question wasn't posted
> > clearly enough. Thanks.
> >
> > The issue isn't the proxy configuration to provide
> > authentication.
> > I just would like to know how the proxy authentication
> > interacts with users. Is it trought a prompt box or it
> > just don't interacts, i.e. the proxy authentication is
> > done at the same time as the browser proxy
> >configuration.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> > Rafael
> >

> Hi Rafael,
>
> Let me get the point... are you trying to simulate
> something like a SOCKS 5
> (proxy server with user auth) on your apache?

Yes. The idea is to have Apache2 working as Proxy with
authentication.
BUT, the question for now is: when/how is the user
autentication made?

I'm asking this because this is going to be used by
several persons, and i would like to have authentication
but with the least configuration effort. The idea is maybe
to use later a tansparent proxy like Squid (with
autentication).

Thanks in advance,
Rafael