httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Jones" <al.o...@ntlworld.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Apache2 on Win9x
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2003 16:57:27 GMT
Apologies in advance if I'm misusing this mailing list, I'm a newbie :E

After installing the service, "Apache2" appears in the Apache Service
Monitor. However, it cannot be started from there, the only way to start
it is by using "apache -k start". The monitor does pick up on this, but
then it fails to be able to stop or restart it. Running "apache -k stop"
fails:

The Apache2 service is stopping.

And nothing happens for about a minute before it finally terminates
without terminating the service.

Any ideas? I really would like to get Apache2 working properly under
Windows ME :(

Thanks in advance

Alex Jones