httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Aaron Spike" <sau...@mlc-wels.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Newbie Question: Does mod_dir require mod_mime?
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:09:49 GMT
Newbie Question: Does mod_dir require mod_mime?
I've been playing with the configuration of Apache today. I wanted to
start learning how different options and modules affect things.  I'm
using Apache 1.3.27. I spent hours trying to get http://myserverip
and http://myserverip/ to give me http://myserverip/index.html. First
thing I did was disable mod_negotiation and do "mv index.html.en
index.html". Then I checked ServerName, UseCanonicalName, and
DirectoryIndex. Everything was what I had expected but I changed
things hundreds of times anyway. The one thing I knew was that it
worked fine before I started disabling modules. So I started
enabling. mod_mime did the trick.

Perhaps this is irrelevent. Perhaps there is no reason ever not to
have mod_mime. (I don't know enough about Apache yet to know, but I
suppose that someone must want to turn it off or replace it since it
exists as a module.) Is mod_mime a prerequsite for mod_dir? Did I
miss that in the documentation?

Aaron Spike