httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bernd Feucht <be...@bernd-feucht.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Need to run cgi and perl scripts
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:05:26 GMT
Hi Gregory!

>I would like to have a folder (cgi-bin) to put .exe's or .pl's scripts in
>for each virtual host. I have the folder made in each virtual host but i am
>unfamiliar with what permissions i am supposed to give to the folder or what
>i am supposed to do to the folder in order to let the scripts be run.

There is no need to set "Options ...other-options... ExecCGI" for these directories if you
define a ScriptAlias for each of them (with ScriptAlias, or files in and below this directory
are considered scripts and are executed if they have the right permissions, i.e. commonly
set with chmod 755).

So I suggest to define a ScriptAlias inside each VirtualHost section:

<VirtualHost ...>
  ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /path/to/the/vhost-specific/cgi-bin/
</VirtualHost>

Then for each VirtualHost, the URI /cgi-bin/ leads to the cgi-bin directory for this VirtualHost
and the scripts therein can be executed.

Bernd