httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alfredo Gómez Grande <ago...@agsoftware.net>
Subject [users@httpd] System shutdown all the time
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 13:54:34 GMT
Apache2  is shutting down my computer at least twice a day. Two possible
causes:

I configured (in Windows) the Apache service to restart on every faliure.
Maybe the problem is due to this.

Or, I'm suffering a D.O.S (Denial of Service) attack, which consecuences I
don't know.

But the most worriying stuff is when the system turns on, after a scandisk,
it says: "Windows has recovered from a serious crash", and the reporting
stuff to Microsoft begins. So I'm worried because I need something reliable
and stable.

¿Do I leave the service as it was by default=no action on faliure?
¿Is there any other problem of the same nature reported by other user?

My system is Windows XP Home totally parched.

Cheers
Alfredo Gómez