httpd-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Stone <cityli...@petmystone.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 8009 Port....?
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 15:54:30 GMT
Hari Om wrote:
> At which point is Port 8009 (defined in workers.properties) is used?
>
> GURU's correct me if I am wrong. Here is what I think:
>
> 1) User request jsp page via http://localhost/login.jsp
> 2) Apache sees that it is JSP/Servlet, and OPENS PORT 8009 for TOMCAT to
> handle that.
> 3)Tomcat recives that via 8009 and executes it in PORT 8080
>
> Please coeerct me if I am wrong.

While I can't correct you or state you are correct, however I believe
you have steps 1 and 2 correct. Step 3 appears incorrect.

Step 3 may not even take place, but I could be wrong. My guess is that
once Apache and Tomcat have a channel open at 8009, Tomcat processes the
JSP/Servlet request and returns to Apache an HTML (or other desired
content type) response to complete the client request.

This question is better asked on the Tomcat-User list(see
jakarta.apache.org for more information).

Tim