httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Porter, Mark" <Mark.Por...@LibertyMutual.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache2 mpm on Linux
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 23:10:02 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I'm working to get 2.0.43 on Red Hat 7.3 (2.4.18-3) running with the
worker mpm, with the idea that it would run as a multi-threaded process,
as opposed to a bunch of single-threaded ones.

However, after compiling and starting the server, I'm seeing the server
run in what appears to be pre-fork mode. That is, I see roughly the same
number of child processes as I would expect there to be available
threads from an unloaded server.

The details:

configure --prefix=<path> --with-mpm=worker
make, etc.

[root@server1 bin]# ./apachectl -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  worker.c
  http_core.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_cgid.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_so.c

I'm using the default config:

<IfModule worker.c>
StartServers         2
MaxClients         150
MinSpareThreads     25
MaxSpareThreads     75
ThreadsPerChild     25
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>

[root@server1 conf]# ps -ef | grep [a]pache | wc -l
     58

There's one process owned by root, and 57 children spawned from that
pid.

Has anyone else ever seen this? It seems to work correctly on Solaris.

MP