httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aurelien DEHAY <aurelien.de...@ext.anpe.fr>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] NewBie question 2
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 07:19:38 GMT
Leif W wrote:
> There's a project called Apache::ASP, which is a Perl module which requires
> mod_perl.  It says it is NOT the same thing as Win32 ASP.  I'm not sure how
> similar or different it is.  http://www.apache-asp.org/  Sun has some ASP
> product, no idea about it.  There's a win32-specific redistribution of
> Apache called OpenSA which mentions something about an ASP module.  I'm too
> tired to keep looking.  There may be some project out there, or a commercial
> product (heh, good luck).

Apache::ASP and Win32 ASP are the same. But ASP isn't a language.
Apache::ASP does ASP in Perl whereas IIS does ASP in VBScript.

There is some commercial products (but I'm unable to find the name on
Google), and maybe Mono is able to process ASP.NET files. (
http://developers.slashdot.org/developers/02/12/10/0138245.shtml?tid=162 ).

Rgds.

--
Aurélien DEHAY