httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ari Davidow <ari.davi...@tufts.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] unattended access control for apache 1.3 server using ssl
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 15:20:24 GMT
Hi,

We have a series of browsers that access an apache 1.3 server (solaris).
We'd like to limit access to the server from just those browsers.
Normally, I'd use SSL and then set up a passwd file (or other
authentication method) to limit access. In this case, the browsers
unattended - they display information provided by the server. We'd like
not to have to go around to each one upon restart and manually re-enter
a user and password.

Is there some way to do a public key exchange or otherwise set up
unattended authorization in such a setup? I've done this for rsync
running under ssh, but am unsure as to how to approach this, or what it
is called, for SSL and apache.

ari
--

Ari Davidow