httpd-users mailing list archives

From "A. Gideonse" <agideo...@planet.nl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache fails to do it's job properly
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2003 16:15:57 GMT
My ISP allows me to use a server. I did it for years and now suddenly after
installing a new apache and firewall my server doesnt work anymore. My
server was down the last few hours because nobody can use it right now,
that's also the reason why you can't connect. Apache got the rights to have
communication with the internet so the ports must be open. Isn't it true
that port 80 is by default open to view pages? Anyway, ill make a rule to
permit communication and ill start my server again. Hope that works, but the
past few days it didnt.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Pierce" <pagedev1@speakeasy.net>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2003 5:45 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache fails to do it's job properly

Do you know that the ISP allows traffic on port 80??  Not all ISP do.
That would be the first thing that I would check.  If you have the machine
behind a firewall, then you need to be sure that you have a hole in
your firewall for port 80, 8088, 8080, etc.  Which ever port you are
using.

I tried to get to your machine under the IP address that you gave
and it did not find it either.  Which I know that is what you
stated.