httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aldian Fazrihady <aldi...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] apache checking
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 07:42:38 GMT
i'm creating a linux-application installer which had
to add configuration data to httpd.conf.
I want to know how to find the right httpd.conf of the
running apache in a customized environment. i.e., the
user recompile the apache and place the httpd.conf in
a location he/she like. Can I query the apache web
server to output the path of httpd.conf?
Another case is if in a system contains two or more
httpd.conf. One is in /etc/httpd.conf, another is in
/usr/local/apache/conf, etc. How do I programmatically
find the one which is used by the running apache?
It will be great if I can reconfigure the apache
without knowing the location of httpd.conf. Moreover,
without the need of restarting the apache. :)
Thanks in advance. Any reply is appreciated.

regards,

Aldian