httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ace Suares <...@suares.nl>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_auth_ldap, DN and AUTHENTICATE_UID
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2003 20:41:58 GMT

Hi Folks,

Sorry to drop into your party unnannounced ;-)

I just installed apache2 with mod_auth_ldap and php4 on a Suse 8.2 machine.

So far so good. However, when I ask a list of all $_SERVER variables that are
avaliable to PHP, I get the usual list PLUS this one I've never seen before:

AUTHENTICATE_UID

It has no value, apparently. Maybe I need to move this question to PHP-lists,
but even when I google on 'AUTHENTICATE_UID', I get zero hits... so I wonder
if anyone ever seen that one before and know what it means.

The other thing is about mod_auth_ldap, and if this is the wrong list, please
point me to where to go!

I was wondering if the DN that is found by mod_auth_ldap is stored somewhere
in an accessible server variable.

For instance, if I log in (through .htaccess, which does the LDAP lookup) as
user: me@domain
password: absomethingcd

I am getting authenticated just fine. Internally, a lookup is done, which
results in a DN like: 'cn=ace,dc=example,dc=com'

It would be very handy to have this dn available (in PHP) as
'$_SERVER['mod_ault_ldap_athenticated_dn'] (or similar).

is this possible ?

Greetings

ace

--
Ace Suares' Internet Consultancy
NIEUW ADRES: Postbus 2599, 4800 CN Breda