httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ace Suares <...@suares.nl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_auth_ldap, DN and AUTHENTICATE_UID
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2003 22:43:51 GMT

> #1. Question is probably best/quickest answered by posting question to
> owners of mod_auth_ldap. Go to the module home page and you'll find
> support emails, discussion forums, mailing lists, etc.

In apache 2.0, mod_auth_ldap is not a seperate (third party) module, but part
of the main distribution. (See
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_auth_ldap.html)

Is this list a 1.3.x list or do people generally ask questions about 2.0 too??

> #2. Environment value should <probably> be set to a variable in apache
> httpd.conf indicating which ldap attr to use as uid...or it s/be set to
> actual authenticated uid (or rdn of authenticated user)...I haven't read
> docs. When I authenticate via realm authentication (simple
> user/password) or ssl certificate authentication (user rdn,
> emailAddress)...I do get apache server vars for these values.

Me too - PHP_AUTH_USER and PHP_AUTH_PW. They give the username and the
password of the authenticated user.

However, AUTHENTICATE_UID is something I never heard of and if I google, no
results. Strange.

And I am looking for something like PHP_AUTH_DN, that would give me the DN of
the authenticaterd user. (It's not there now!)

> #3. If mod_auth_ldap is storing things in environment variables...you
> should be able to see it via your phpinfo() page/status or via apache
> info handler.

I'll try that...

With phpinfo() I do get the same
_SERVER["AUTHENTICATE_UID"] no value
as expected.

I am not getting any other values from mod_auth_ldap anywhere from php_info().

Thanks for your help !

_Ace

--
Ace Suares' Internet Consultancy
NIEUW ADRES: Postbus 2599, 4800 CN Breda