httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Eckerman <jonas_li...@frukt.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache fails to do it's job properly
Date Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:47:54 GMT
On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 01:14:26 +0200, A. Gideonse wrote:

> TCP Destination Port: 3849

Do you have any logs for destination port 80?

Can you find any entries for IP address 213.114.173.199 in your
firewall or Apache logs? I just tried to connect to 80.60.18.78:80
from that IP, so if the connection attempt ever reached your machine,
it should show in at least one of your logs.

> When I connect to my server with my own computer it says that my
> 'permit-rule' works:
[...]
> Outbound TCP connection

That seems to say the your *outbound* connection firs that
permit-rule.

> Made a rule to permit communication from and to my computer,
> from any computer on port 80.

I don't know Norton at all, but in all firewalls I've ever seen,
that's simply not how it's done. One rule is never for both incoming
*and* outgoing traffic. I'd be a little bit surprised if Symantec's
firewall is that different in this regard.

Are you sure that you haven't simply permitted outgoing connections
with destination or originating port 80?

The symptoms really does make it look like a firewall or router
problem.

Regards
/Jonas

--