httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bill Moran <wmo...@potentialtech.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache & PHP
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:30:23 GMT
rich-lists@multicam.com wrote:
> So are you saying to comment out the <IfModule> tags or removing that
> whole section?

I'm not telling you how to write your config file.

I'm just saying that if the statement you show below were being
evaluated, you would be getting the results you expect.  Thus, it's
obviously not being evaluated.  As a possible diagnostic step, you
could try commenting/removing the <IfModule> directives and adding
that DirectoryIndex unconditionally.  If that works, and you still
want to use the <IfModule>s, then you'll need to figure out why
they aren't working as you expect.  If that doesn't work, then there
is something else in your config file that is causing that
DirectoryIndex to be ignored.  Perhaps you have it nested within
other conditional directives that are causing it not to be used,
it's impossible for anyone to tell unless you provide access to
your entire config file.
I'm not trying to _give_ you the answer, since it's impossible for
me to know based on what limited information you've provided.
(besides, it'll cost you $60/hour)  I'm trying to show you the
correct approach to diagnosing your problem so you can fix it
yourself.
Make a backup of your httpd.conf file, then remove the <IfModule>
statemnts (but leave the DirectoryIndex), if that fixes it, then
you can research why the <IfModule>s aren't doing what they should,
if that doesn't fix it, then look deeper into your config file for
other things that could be causing problems.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies