httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Morgan <honeyis...@shaw.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] apache, tomcat and UserDir's
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2003 02:48:25 GMT
I am running apache and tomcat.  I have configured apache so that all
generic domain requests (www.mydomain.com) are handled by tomcat--which
I want.
In doing this, my user directory requests (www.mydomain.com/~user1) are
now passed to tomcat as well--which I don't want.
I cannot figure out how to set up apache to send the default request to
tomcat but handle requests to user directories.

I have apache 2.0.47, tomcat 4.1.27 and using mod_jk.

Tomcat is configured in the server.xml to have context:
         <Context path="" docBase="home" debug="0"/>
and an index.jsp is what gets displayed in this webapp.

The apache httpd.conf file has:
         jkMount /* MainWebWorker
which triggers the tomcat worker to be called to handle all requests.

Is there something I can put before this line so apache will handle any
requests to www.mydomain.com/~* ?