httpd-users mailing list archives

From 0149486...@netcabo.pt
Subject [users@httpd] Apache2 service user
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 21:25:07 GMT
Hi. I've trying to run the apache2 service using a user other than
LocalSystem under Windows XP Pro.
So, I created a new limited account, and, as stated in
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/platform/windows.html , I granted the
privileges "Log on as a service" and "Act as part of the operating system"
to the new user.
However, when I tried to start the apache2 service using this new account,
it failed to start:

The Apache service named  reported the following error:
>>> Apache.exe: could not open document config file bin/conf/httpd.conf     .

Then I tried to add the start parameter "-f f:/programas/apache
group/apache2/conf/httpd.conf", and I got the following instead:
The Apache service named  reported the following error:

>>> (20024)The given path misformatted or contained invalid characters:
Invalid config file path f:/programas/apache group/apache2/conf/httpd.conf
    .

I tried to add quotes, use "\" in place of "/"; nothing worked. I'm sure
the new user had privileges to access every file it needed.

I also have another problem: apache is sending the directory listings in
UTF-8, which is strange because 1.3.28 used not to.

Any help in solving these problems would be
appreciated.