httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 2.0.48 : Multiviews not honoured
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:09:07 GMT

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Michel Jouvin wrote:
> I just upgraded from 2.0.46 to 2.0.48. The server has been built with the
> same configure options and the configuration file has been copied from
> 2.0.46 (just DocumentRoot has been changed, as we do for every upgrade).
>
> Unfortunatly, after this update, Multiviews is no longer honoured for pages
> available in several languages. 2 diffent symptoms are :
>
> - We have several pages exiting in different languages that have a language
> suffix (like .fr, .en...). In this case, whatever the browser is, an error
> occurs when getting the page. With Netscape the browser doesn't return,
> just waiting. With IE6, I get an error "the site cannot be opened" (not a
> page with an error text, an error popup). This occurs for example with
> index.html. If no index.html exists (just the language variants) the
> problem occurs. If I rename one of the variant as index.html, it works.

What exactly is apache sending back to the clients?  It sounds like a
redirect to a non-existant page.  Can you tell us exactly what HTTP
reponse headers apache is sending?

> - When an index.html exists with URI: tags (like in apache doc), the
> content of this file is displayed instead of being interpreted.

That will only work if .html is designated as a type-map using AddHandler.
And it works perfectly well here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/
which is running 2.0.48.

Joshua.