httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Re: Directory Listing: Ignoring all but one file/pattern - is that possible?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 13:35:12 GMT

I don't think so... experimentally, if you mask a file in the directory
listing with IndexIgnore, you can still request the file directly and
have it served. Conversely, if you Deny access to a file but do not
IndexIgnore it, it will appear in the listing but cannot be requested -
you get a 403.

The conclusion is that mod-autoindex is purely presentational and
doesn't know or care about access control.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Regards,
> Robert Andersson